Saturday, July 31, 2010


In the service industry, your weekends are Tuesdays, Wednesdays. Those are the days you tear it up. Now that I have to carouse on the weekend proper like everyone else, I feel spoiled by former weekday revelry. Because all the bars and restaurants I like are slow on Tuesdays at midnight. I've discovered as a nine-to-fiver that every other stiff knows about my favorite "secret" hangouts, and has chosen to fill these holy grounds with ten of their awful friends, standing idly between the bar and the table like that is even a place you are allowed to stand.

Silver lining? Being forced to venture outside my comfort zone, and trying out places that aren't on my social map. Like this little Thai place with a full bar that stays open til 1 a.m. on weekends. Like here.

No comments:

Post a Comment