Thursday, July 29, 2010


It seems to vex a lot of people that Nick and I don’t live together, having dated for so long. We’ve lived together before, sort of, overlapping summers, filling rooms with dirty clothes, successfully getting in each other’s way. For a while, I felt I was too young. Then, we were living in different cities. Then, I considered leaving. Now, we’re both in the midst of comfortable, lively but separate leases. Keep in mind he works third shift 4-5 nights per week, so living together would feel a lot like living alone sometimes, which doesn’t interest me. Someday, he won’t work nights. And probably, someday, we’ll live together. Just not now.

Michelle was making a bouquet for her sister-in-law who just had a baby - she ended up with extra and left them in my room for me. Amazing. How is this not home?

No comments:

Post a Comment