Sunday, September 19, 2010

Thirteen point one

If I haven't mentioned this whole half marathon training business, it's because I assume that my running is about as intriguing as whether one should cut bangs or continue to grow out bangs. Besides, like Jennifer Aniston in Office Space, I don't really like to talk about my flair. Unexpectedly, around week five of this whole self-punishment thing, it started being a genuine thrill to get off of work, where I stare at screens til my ears bleed, and run through the light cathedral that is my neighborhood ravine.

Last week I even had my first stealth pee mid-trail run, which, after weeks of asthmatically shuffling around my neighborhood, felt like a bare-assed induction into Runnerhood. Sjannie, she of 14 completed marathons, confirmed this to be true.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait until your toenails blacken and work their way off to make way for new runner's "nails"!

    ReplyDelete