Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Nick and I started a shared Google calendar (a.k.a. Calendar of Loooove) when I was in grad school and we were living in different cities. Nick's engagements are in red blocks; mine show up in green. With him working full time, grad school-ing full time, as well as a pro bono, time-hoarding gig coaching the university's debate team, the calendar these days is a murder scene; red smears coating whole days and weeks with Nick's obligations.

I'm not one of those folks who craves busy-ness, you know, the types who don't "feel like themselves" unless they are sleep-deprived, where the sloth of an unscheduled afternoon knocks the wind out of them. Nope, I'm generally in support of loafing, which is why I'm so puzzled by this new habit of painting all my weekends and evenings green with appointments.

Those busyheads have something figured out - it's hard to miss someone if you're never standing still.

1 comment:

  1. "Those busyheads have something figured out - it's hard to miss someone if you're never standing still."

    Ah. Good point.

    May you two be blessed with some plain white days on the Calendar of Loooove.

    ReplyDelete