Monday, October 18, 2010


(yesterday's fan club - Mom and Nick, not pictured - Sjanneke behind the lens)

My body: So yesterday was fun.
Me: Really?
My body: No.

I had the foresight to take today off work. I dragged these weary bones around town doing life maintenance like breakfast with Nick, lunch with Ana, thrifting, tidying the house, making lunches for the week, tackling some neglected DIY projects.

As for yesterday, I am sort of pleased with myself. Not the running 13.1 miles so much as encountering something that didn't come easy to me and sticking with it. I have an anaphylactic reaction to trying hard, which means my hobbies and talents are basically things that came to me naturally and held my attention.

I am a mediocre runner and it is not so bad that the world knows it, although my tights did not much help me fly under the radar.

1 comment:

  1. WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Way to go!

    Since I can't run even one mile, you're a big star to me.

    "I have an anaphylactic reaction to trying hard, which means my hobbies and talents are basically things that came to me naturally and held my attention."

    Lady, tell me about it. I feel like the world's biggest failure every day, yet I still refuse to exert myself under any circumstances. Geez. If I'm going to admit to things like this publicly, I ought to take up drinking so I can comfort myself.

    ReplyDelete