Monday, November 22, 2010

This is not a wedding blog, but..

Today was the first day that I thought, this may not be that fun.

I used to think, sure, weddings are a blast, but then you have to go home and be married. As a teenager, I thought that being engaged was some culturally enviable window. You've found someone who wants to sign on, but you're not married, an institution reserved for republicans and other uninteresting types.

The being married part will be fun. Nick plays guitar while driving, Nick leaps into the shower fully clothed to kiss me, Nick and I race each other home on bicycle.

Yes, the planning is a creative outlet, but it also feels like a part-time job. Only instead of getting paid, you write enormous checks. And have difficult conversations with people you love about huge things.

I guess I am saying that I am looking forward to the day after the wedding a little more than the wedding. I am also saying that I promise to find something else to write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment