Monday, February 14, 2011



I slept through my Valentine's Day date. (Of course I did)

Nick worked 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. last night, and will work the same shift tonight, leaving scant time for plush bears holding hearts, as the day requires.

Yesterday we decided to meet for a breakfast at 7:30 this morning at the diner across from the hospital where he works. Nick raised an eyebrow about my ability to "keep the appointment" (get my pasty ass out of bed) and I scoffed, indignant. I've never been one to shoot out of bed like a Roman candle at the first chime of my alarm, but I manage to get to work on time (ish) five days a week and last week I was early for my a.m. dentist appointment.

Alas, when he called at 7:45 a.m., I was still cocooned in bed. Worst.

Here's to a partner who loves me cheerfully despite my flaws (they are many!), and who really isn't even mad.

1 comment:

  1. Look on the bright side, if you celebrate tomorrow all the chocolates and flowers will be on sale :)

    ReplyDelete