Tuesday, February 15, 2011

In the hour-long window between me getting home from work, and Nick leaving for work, we managed to destroy some takeout together and toss the cats around (not a euphemism, literally throwing felines at each other), and make dick jokes. I mean, that's all I've ever really wanted.

I am not on board with high stakes Valentine's celebrations, but it has always been a pretty fun holiday for me. I was remembering today that one Valentine's Day, Nick gave me a vintage suitcase completely filled with grocery store bulk candy. One year he biked through a blizzard to the grocery store so he could make me breakfast in bed! And he bought me a child's xylophone for our toy instrument band, Toy Division.

I said no gifts this year ("weddings are expensive", etc.) but we both cheated, duh. Can you believe this cute little typewriter?

It even came with a Valentine.

"Be my Valentine? -No takebacks."

No comments:

Post a Comment