Monday, February 21, 2011

Nick is utterly unintimidated by any type of DIY project (often to the point of hubris..) and the night before Ana's birthday he conceived of and then made this cute little retro-inspired cake stand for her. He even made the frosted spice cake on top!

Dinner Club was held Thursday instead of the usual Wednesday so that it would coincide neatly with her birthday, and we turned out a pretty impressive spread. I tried very hard to brag about Nick's cake stand, but my Midwestern vowels made the phrase indistinguishable from "keg stand". (If you don't know what that is, well, you probably did not go to a Big Ten school and likely have more surviving brain cells than me.)

We had a laugh about the thing misheard, but this was bound to happen after a few hours and a few bottles of wine emptied, right?:


Turning 30 looks pretty fun, I might just give it a shot one day.

2 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed that I'm that cool when I'm 30!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you & your BFF had a blast! Age is just a number ;)

    ReplyDelete