Monday, March 21, 2011



So Nick started his new internship today...at my office.

I didn't really think we'd be seeing too much of each other since he'll be mostly out in the field doing the real sleeves-rolled-up work and I'll be back in my cube tweeting about the sleeves-rolled-up work and writing grants. (sigh.)

But no, due to some office resituating they plopped him right. next to me. He's using my cubemate's workspace while he's on vacation. I spent all day forgetting he was there, then being surprised by him, then expressing my surprise in a "professional" tone.

I dealt with this by periodically lobbing mint lifesavers over to him, hearing them unceremoniously clack on his desk. Oh, also sending texts that say, for example "balls".

2 comments:

  1. this makes me grin. I think Nick needs a BIG candy bowl for his desk ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Michelle he seriously brought one today.

    ReplyDelete