Monday, May 2, 2011

(maybe we got excited and bought a bunch of tiki torches for our new backyard..)
We picked up keys to the new place last night.

Moving into a new place, while stressful and usually sweaty, is so intoxicating. I get sucked into the big shiny promise of how Things Will Be Different Here. I'll wake up early enough to run through the park and downtown before work. I'll plan my meals well in advance of my 5:45 p.m. blood sugar crash. I won't let the dishes pile up in the sink. I'll make my bed. (Just kidding, I'll never make my bed.)

4 comments:

  1. what an awesome array of tiki torches! Let me know if you need help with moving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your description of the moving process! We're looking at what feels like a million apartments these days, and hoping to move within the next few months. The "big shiny promise" keeps me going. :) (As does the hope for a backyard!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Michelle Oops, forgot to properly credit that photo. Our torches aren't quite as pretty or varied. And that certainly isn't our backyard, though we think ours is pretty good!

    @Caitlin Good luck apartment-hunting! I could stand to never think about Craigslist again at this point :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's nothing I love like a good dose of Things Will Be Different Here. Congratulations on your new nest.

    ReplyDelete