Friday, June 3, 2011


To taco trucks: their proprietors who fashioned us ponchos from trash can liners, their patrons who ended up offering us a ride home through the downpour after all.

Leslie and I met in 7th grade English class and that was that. After high school we went to separate universities, and visited when we could. She spent most of college co-oping in cool places so I made vacations out of visiting her: Chicago, NYC, Copenhagen. (I spent college waiting tables and decidedly NOT professionally-developing.) She was in Korea for a few years more recently, and after all those continents, eventually moved to my area code to start her design career. But not just Columbus, in my neighborhood, and one block over from our new apartment. Right?!! I am glad she is here to get stuck in the rain with me whilst trying to score a veggie burrito.

Maybe it's because I was raised in the Midwest, but it just wouldn't feel like summer without sky-cleaving, biblical ass thunderstorms.

No comments:

Post a Comment