Sunday, November 6, 2011

Favorite movies, listed without commentary

Evie
1. The Jerk
2. Annie Hall
3. Hannah and Her Sisters
4. The Apartment
5. The Life Aquatic

Nick
1. Flirting
2. Kicking and Screaming (1995)
3. 8 1/2
4. Big Trouble in Little China
5. They Live

Ok, without indulging in commentary on my own list as promised, I have to say that Nick's list illustrates his complex nature perfectly. One part obscure culture vulture, to two parts weirdo goofball kid-at-heart. Reminds me of that part in High Fidelity where Rob concludes that people are best described by what they like rather than what they are like. Sadly, (oops, no commentary!) on that note:

Movies I have seen the most times:
1. High Fidelity
2. Clueless
3. A Christmas Story
4. Stepbrothers
5. Stepbrothers

2 comments:

  1. My top five are:

    1. Groove
    2. Pan's Labyrinth
    3. Shaun of the Dead
    4. Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog
    5. Night Watch

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't ever make these lists, because my favorite movies aren't the ones I've seen most, and I feel all judged! :) I feel pretentious/cliche when I say that Amelie is one of my favorites. TV shows feel more temporary, less forming-of-my-identity. I think this is because I didn't watch any TV as a child. And? There are so many movies. I feel guilty picking any as my favorites, because the other ones might feel left out.

    ReplyDelete