Saturday, November 19, 2011

Of shoes and guilt

My ownership of these shoes is unlikely for a few reasons. First of all, I tend to shy away from menswear shoe trends due to...having feet larger than some men's. No sense in inviting the comparison.

The second reason is that I paid retail for them, a fact that brings great anguish to my bargain-loving heart. I did manage to coupon-hack some free shipping, so it wasn't a complete wash.

Also, they're leather! On account of my insufferable bleeding-heart-ness, I really try to buy any leather goods secondhand if at all.

I've since benched my guilt, having worn them quite literally every day for the past three weeks. I can be so hungry yet apologetic for the Material sometimes, drafting mental rubrics of what is deserved and required and ethical. It is exhausting.

2 comments:

  1. Your turn to get out of my head, please. Those are really cute, and I understand 100% the "stuff guilt."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me tell you about my shoe guilt... I have been wearing the same scuffed up, torn, sad shoes since day 1 of my job. I'm starting to get looks from the management. Don't feel guilty about being a normal person that buys new shoes. And also help me buy new shoes.

    ReplyDelete