Tuesday, September 25, 2012

An anniversary


 1.
 2.
 3.
 4.
 5.

6.
Key:
1. Nick loves how everyone smiles at you when you're a dude carrying around a big-ass spray of flowers. He bought these from the campus florist ("She wanted me to tell you that they were grown locally. She insisted.") and had to spend the afternoon fretting about their vitality. "It's cool to watch florists at work," he said, "Because I'll be honest I have no idea what the f*ck magic they do." 2. I blew out my hair and straightened it, a sharp departure from my routine of sleeping on it wet every 3 days or so then putting it all in a barrette. Nick likes it this way, and at this length my thick, straight hair has an Angela Chase look to it, so that could be why. 3. Pointer fingers for one year together. Big ol' dorks. 4. We went to the delightfully grungy after hours pizza-by-the-slice stand in our neighborhood. They have some outdoor seating and twinkly lights and they project weird movies onto the building next door. I brought a candle and stuck it in an empty beer bottle "candlestick" 'cause ROMANCE. I wanted to go here after our wedding with friends but was a bit too overserved so we didn't make it. Here we are though, one year later. We had a slice and a half of cheese pizza each. 5. What we talk about when we talk about The Chin. 6. While brainstorming a cozy bar where we could tuck into a booth, we ended up biking over to the bar we went to after the wedding. They have a killer jukebox, campy Asian-inspired decor, and they project weird movies over the bar (sensing a trend?). I had a ginger beer with rye whiskey, bitters, and lemon juice, well I had two, and they hit the spot. Then we went home at 11 because it was a weeknight. I hadn't realized when we got married that besides the celebration of a wedding, we'd be giving ourselves a little party every year, an anniversary to pause time and be weird together. I feel like I can't type the first line of the card Nick wrote to me, but it is the funniest thing I have ever heard in my life. I laughed out loud. I laugh out loud every time I think of it.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary (even if I'm a day late!)!! Looks like a fun celebration :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like magic. Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing.

    Happy anniversary, you guys!!

    The pointer fingers is awesome.

    ReplyDelete