Saturday, September 22, 2012

Bachelorette

In 7 days, Michelle marries Mark so her best ladies got her boozy in this A-frame last night. Seems like yesterday she produced champagne from the trunk of her car an hour before my wedding just as my nerves were threatening to paralyze me, seems like yesterday we were fighting each other for floor space to do our makeup in front of the oval mirror in our lettuce green colored "office", seems like yesterday they pulled up to the house from Los Angeles, their whole life stacked inside a U-Haul trailer, seems like yesterday I was a teenager riding in the back of Mark's white Cabriolet convertible, closing my eyes as its stereo sent strains of Neutral Milk Hotel ringing through the spicy, autumn air of our hometown...

1 comment:

  1. The only girl I've ever loved
    Was born with roses in her eyes

    ReplyDelete